Projektdauer: 6 months
CTDI is the world’s largest independent after-sales service repair and logistics provider for customers in the communications, IT, automotive and B2B industries. More than 14,000 employees at over 90 locations manage almost the entire range of technologies. In Europe, the CTDI Group has more than 20 locations in 15 countries. CTDI offers operators and manufacturers national and international services from a single source.
Ausgangssituation und Projektziel:
CTDI works with two different picking systems. A subsystem was used that communicates with the central SAP systems via an RFC interface. The system is connected via IDocs. The subsystem leaves the prioritization and picking waves to the discretion of the shift leader. Processing is done manually.
The second picking system works directly in SAP via a TelNet connection with specially programmed Z programs and has been in use since 2005. The transfer orders are confirmed in the SAP system during picking at the storage bin, while with the subsystem the transfer orders (TO) are confirmed as soon as they are created.
The interfaces between the systems repeatedly cause problems during order picking. It is also difficult to carry out a serial number comparison. Plausibility checks and traceability are only possible with great effort, as the data from the various systems must be reconciled here. In the future, a uniform mobile solution with the following options is to be created:
Further projects aims
- Modify incorrectly entered materials
- No interface latency
- Print delivery bill after picking process
- Elimination of delivery bill sorting and route-optimized processing in the NDC
- Development of the new Material Transport System (MTS): The processing of all picks without subsystems takes place directly in SAP. This avoids problems with interfaces and plausibility.
- Mobile solution based on the Mobisys Solution Builder Platform®: Already in use at CTDI and forms the basis for mobile working with the MTS. The transports are only acknowledged at the time of processing.
- HPC.WM warehouse monitor: The warehouse monitor can be used to prioritize and group shipments so that the processing of current warehouse tasks is centrally controlled and monitored by the shift supervisor.
- Optimization of delivery bills: The serial numbers are now also printed on the delivery bills.
Systems and Hardware:
- SAP® ERP 6.0, SAP® WM
- Mobisys Solution Builder (MSB®)
- MDE: Datalogic Skorpio X3,
- Staplerterminal: ads-tec VMT 6000