SAP® WM implementation
Customer: leading automobile manufacturer
Our customer is one of the leading automotive manufacturers in southern Germany. Outstanding engineering and unique design are the basis for the successful, emotional products. Progress through in-house developments is a strength of the company, so the sophisticated technology ensures that the quality is right.
At the time of the project start, approximately 36,000 part number items were managed in ten decentralized warehouses in the trial logistics area. The warehouse processes were subjected to a redesign. In the new central warehouse, the processes were mapped on the basis of SAP ERP 6.0 with WM and integrated into the existing company processes. Newly introduced was the support of warehouse tasks by mobile devices, i.e. the feedback via paper entry and offline connected MDEs was transferred to an online process. The now specified, guided processes support and relieve the warehouse staff, resulting in an improvement in quality and efficiency.
What did HPC do?
- Design of SAP® WM-based processes
- Design of a prototype in WM as a basis for the implementation project
- Transfer of the prototype with new warehouse structure into the productive system
- New introduction of dynamic space allocation based on load carrier types
- Mapping of the storage and retrieval strategies with the standard WM options
- Process integration of scanners and forklift terminals based on Mobisys Solution Builder, an SAP-certified add-on from Mobisys
- Training of the key users
- Project support from the conception phase to go-live
- Uniform, less error-prone processes in test logistics
- Dynamic space allocation in the warehouse
- Guided processes with simple and user-friendly interface on mobile devices
- Significant reduction of error sources during in/out/transfer operations
- Higher efficiency in the handling of storage tasks
Systems and hardware:
- SAP® ERP 6.0, WM
- Mobisys MSB
- MDE: Casio DT-X11M30E, Motorola MC9090