Customer: Evobus GmbH
EvoBus GmbH is the largest European subsidiary of Daimler AG and responsible for the European bus activities of the Daimler Group. As a manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz and Setra buses, the company is the leading full-line supplier in the European bus market but also has a global presence. Mercedes-Benz as the inventor of the bus with more than 100 years of experience and Setra as a traditional brand are among the pioneers of bus construction.
Competition in the market requires ever shorter development times for increasingly complex products, so that technicians and engineers develop at several locations, also taking into account special requirements of individual markets. In addition to the company’s own development work, new legal requirements, quality measures, ideas from Kaizen and suggestion schemes also result in around 25,000 changes to the company’s various products every year. This affects not only the development area, but also purchasing, production, etc., right through to after-sales and the spare parts business, which guarantees a 15-year stock of spare parts.
- Development of a uniform change management with consistent support in SAP
- Increase transparency in the overall process and thus customer satisfaction
- Cross-site change management process
- Implementation of a holistic understanding of processes and methods
- Replacement of the numerous isolated applications by a uniform IT system
- Reduction of process costs and lead times
What did HPC do?
- Mapping of the complete change management process as a workflow in SAP® ERP with ABAP objects
- Add-on development based on SAP standard objects
- Integration in SAP® ERP
- Development of release processes by means of workflow, dynamic worklists for the departments, generation of HTML forms
- End-to-end transparency across change management processes
- Central control of change management
- Improved priority control via targeted processing of dynamic worklists
- Mapping of the entire change (proposal) history
- Faster & more targeted processing of the changes/suggested changes
- Reduction of process costs in change management